Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Blue Christmas Card

Christmas is sparkle and shine -- bling it on!  While I had all the Wondrous Wreath stamp and die set pieces out I made another card and this one is non traditional in colour and all blues:


Card stock base is blue with the embossed card front a piece of Bordering Blue. White/GP was used for the wreath and the doily piece.

To begin with I stamped the Wondrous Wreath stamp onto white/GP using Bordering Blue ink -- inked it and lightly stamped it off and then stamped the wreath. For the second wreath stamp I inked it using Marine Mist ink and lightly stamped it off and then stamped it on my wreath. Cut the wreath out. Cut out a doily using the Cheery Lynn French doily die and white'GP card stock. Centered my wreath piece onto the cut doily and used a pencil to trace the middle of the wreath - this is for placement for my center wreath die:


Cut out the center wreath die piece and this is what it looked like:


Using large glue dots I put the blue wreath on the doily. Set this aside.

For the card stock base I used a darker blue card stock. Cut and scored that using a bone folder to crease the fold line. For the lighter blue card front I used a 'new-to-me' Stampin Up embossing folder I recently bought used, Filigree Frame. Once that was embossed I decided to turn the embossed piece over for the card front which will give me an indented embossed pattern rather than the raised embossed pattern. Trmmed it to the size I needed and put this embossed piece onto the card stock base.

For "very merry" I used the Stampin Up stamp set Short and Sweet and Marina Mist ink. Cut that out using the Stampin Up Classic Label punch. Using large glue dots I put the wreath/doily piece onto the card front being careful to have the glue dots behind the solid wreath piece and not behind the opened parts of the doily.

Wanted flowers for the wreath but also wanted to dress it up a bit -- so used the M Stewart sprig punch and punched out silver glittered card stock and dark blue card stock. Used the Stampin Up Triple Flower punch for the larger flowers and for the smaller flowers I used a floral border punch from M Stewart:


Stacked the blue and glittered sprigs and put the flowers on top of that using glue dots. Once I had those in the layout I wanted I then put this whole piece onto the wreath using mini glue dots. Using large glue dots I put the wreath piece on the card front. Put the greeting label below the wreath using glue dots.

For the bow I used a Fiskars bow punch for the blue bow and the silver glittered bow was made using a bow punch from M Stewart. Added clear crystals to the flowers and bows:



Non traditional Christmas colours but it works - the shimmer from the silver glittered card stock and the clear crystals on the flowers gives this card plenty of holiday sparkle. TFL and YOLO

No comments: