Sunday, August 28, 2016

Curvy Cute Pumpkin


Recently went to a stamper's sale where all the sellers were former Stampin Up demonstrators that combined their Stampin Up products for this sale. They are now all Fun Stamper's Journey coaches (demonstrators) and they were selling their Stampin Up items cheap. I bought a few sealed packs of Stampin Up 8 1/2" x 11" card stocks for $2.40 per pack, Stampin Up punches for $5.00, Stampin Up embossed folders $1.00 each, and many other great deals. . . But today I will feature a project I made using my new-to-me Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits die set that I picked up for $5.00.

Had always wanted this box die but not for the $33.00 it sells for.... but for $5.00 ... it was mine:


First project I wanted to make was the pumpkin for Halloween that everyone has made. Here is my version:


Used the Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie card stock to cut out my two box pieces. Stamped them using the Stampin Up Hardwood background stamp and Pumpkin Pie ink. Put the box together using red sticky tape. Used the pumpkin face stamp from the SU Sparkly Seasons stamp set and stamped the face on one side of the pumpkin using Memento black ink before I closed the box:


Do not have the black spider doilies SU sells so I used a spider web die from Cheery Lynn and cut that out using SU black card stock. Once cut I spritzed it with Pearls Shimmer Mist. While that was drying I made the witch hat -- two trees using the SU Tree punch from black glittered card stock and cut out the brim for the hat using a 2 1/2" circle punch and the Word Window punch. Put the witch hat together using glue dots.

Snipped the center of the spider web piece using scissors so that the web could slide over the top of the curvy pumpkin treat holder. Put the spider web on the treat holder and put a few mini glue dots on the bottom side of the hat brim. Put the hat on the holder over the spider web and then the web stuck to the glue dots on the hat. This way when the hat is lifted off the holder to get inside for the treats the hat and web will be one piece.

For the bow I used the Stampin Up Bow Builder punch and scrap card stock for the purple part of the bow. The orange spider web paper on the bow is a shelf strip from the Halloween aisle at Walgreens from last year. Added a purple crystal to the center of this bow:


This is a very easy treat box to put together and certainly the pumpkin and witch hat make a cute presentation for BOO Day treats. Happy me to find this at the sale!  TFL and YOLO

No comments: