Sunday, August 7, 2016

Witching You Card


Another gate fold card made using the Scor-Pal scoreboard. This scoreboard has notches on it for the gate fold cards. This card is on a card stock base of Stampin Up orange card stock. The gray card stock is from Mikes. The holiday print is by Peebles in a 6 x 6 card stock pad.

To begin with I cut and scored the orange card stock into the gate fold card. Cut my printed card stock to the size I needed for both front flaps. Put those pieces onto the gate fold fronts using the ATG. Set this aside.

Using the Poppy stamps Brick Window Wall die I cut out a piece of Mikes gray card stock. Cut this die piece to the size I wanted for the card front. Using gray ink I sponged all the edges as well as put this ink over the bricks. Used a window with shutters die for the window and shutters. Used scrap black card stock for the shutters. Did not want the shutters on the window straight so I put them where I wanted them and then took them to the trimmer to be trimmed. Using double sided tape I put the shutters on the window sides being sure they were not straight or even.

For the witch and cauldron I used a die by Impression Obsession and cut that out of black card stock. For the white piece behind the witch -- I cut that larger than my gray piece with the shutters so I would be able to move the gray piece around to get the window over the witch where I wanted it to be. For the witch die cut I put that on the white card stock piece using a glue pen. Then I situated the gray window piece over this. Used the ATG to keep the gray piece in place. Used the trimmer to trim off all the edges of the white piece. One more time I sponged the edges with gray ink so that the white card stock was covered in gray on all the sides.

With the gray/witch piece together I wanted to add two very small bats for near the witch. Used scrap black card stock and a very small bat punch from the dollar bin. Once the bats were cut out I then put them near the witch using a glue pen. Used the ATG to attach this gray witch piece to the orange card stock base, angled:


For the greeting "Happy Halloween" I stamped that onto scrap orange card stock and trimmed that to the size I wanted and then gave that a fishtail end. That stamp is from Savvy Stamps. Put it on the card front using glue dots and then added a piece of torn washi tape to finish that off.

For the inside of the card:


Two more tiny bats added to the inside and more of the washi tape. The inside greeting is a stamp from Inkadinkado. With the card completed I then added the orange crystals from the stash for the bubbles above the cauldron:


Another easy gate fold card thanks to the Scor-Pal score board. TFL and YOLO

No comments: