Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Traditional Christmas Card


Used red card stock base and the front is Crumb Cake. For the wreath I used the Wondrous Wreath stamp and die set. Doily is white/GP and cut out using the Cheery Lynn French Doily die. Bow is a Fiskars punch.

To begin with I stamped the wreath stamps onto white/GP first with Old Olive and then the second wreath stamp with Mossy Meadow. Cut that out with the die. For the doily I cut out a piece of white/GP card stock using the Cheery Lynn French Doily die. Using my cut out wreath piece I placed that on top of the doily and centered it where I wanted it. Used a pencil for the inside wreath lines for placement of the die:



With the pencil lines I knew how to place my inside die piece to be sure to get the opening where I wanted it for the wreath center:


Using large glue dots I put the wreath piece centered onto the doily piece. This way the wreath is centered on the doily.

Cut and scored the red card stock base. Cut a piece of Crumb Cake for the card front. Using a stamp from the Stampin Up Christmas Greetings I stamped "Merry Christmas" in red ink at the bottom of the Crumb Cake card front. Using the ATG I put this piece onto the red card stock base.

For the wreath I used large glue dots to put the wreath/doily piece onto the card front. I was careful to be sure the glue dots are behind the wreath piece and not the opened white doily piece so that the glue dots would not show. For the flowers on the wreath I used the Stampin Up Triple Flower punch and also this M Stewart floral border punch for the smaller flowers:


Using a stylus on a padded stamp mat I pressed the stylus into the center of the flowers so that they are not flat. Added red crystals from the stash to the center of the flowers. Put the flowers onto the wreath using mini glue dots. For the bow I used a Fiskars bow punch. Added a crystal to that and put it at the bottom of the wreath:


Easy card to put together and the doily dresses up the wreath. Traditional red and green for Christmas. TFL and YOLO

No comments: