Sunday, August 7, 2016

Birthday Hexagons Card


Another hexagon card made using the Stampin Up hexagon punch I recently bought "new to me". Used green card stock for the card stock base. Black for the card front is Mikes, and the white is Stampin Up Whisper White card stock. Cut and scored the green card stock base. Used a bone folder to crease the fold. Cut the black card stock to the size I wanted for the card front. Put the black piece onto the green card stock base using the ATG. Set this aside.

This card has seven hexagon punched pieces using the Stampin Up Pretty Petals card stock pack. The greeting "happy Birthday wishes" is a stamp from the Stampin Up Petite Pairs stamp set. Stamped that in black onto scrap white card stock. Used the hexagon punch and punched out one hexagon shape for the greeting on the white piece that will be the card front. With that punched I then put all the hexagon pieces onto this piece using the ATG.  With those in place I used scissors to trim off any edges that were hanging off the white card stock edge. Once those were trimmed I then put this white piece onto the card stock base using pop dots.

Punched out the stamped greeting image using the hexagon punch. Used double sided tape to put the greeting on the card front where I had punched out the first hexagon on the white piece:


For the flowers I used the Stampin Up Triple Flower punch and the small flower by the greeting was made using this M Stewart border punch:


All flowers are on the card front using glue dots. Added clear crystals to the center of all the flowers. Easy layout of this card and the flowers/crystals add the sparkle and shine to the card front. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Lora said...

I love, love, love it. Thank you so much for sharing. I have the stamp set and this is great I even have the card stock.

Candee said...

Hi Lora - I had just bought this card stock at a stamper's sale and this card works well with many of those prints! As for the stamp set I think that is one I use over and over and it fits well into the hexagon punch space and the stamp set has many options so the card layout works with them all. Thanks for your blog visit and nice comment! Candee P