Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Turkey Tom Card


Mailman brought the new Frantic Stamper release Tom Turkey die set to me in today's mail. Here is what the die looks like:



Here is Tom Turkey dressed and ready for dinner --


To begin with the card stock base is More Mustard and I cut and scored that. Used a bone folder on the crease of the card base. For the cream on the card front I used cream card stock from Mikes for that -- 65 lb weight. Cut that to the size needed for the card front.

The embossed card front is Crumb Cake. Cut that piece larger than what I needed for the card front. Using printed card stock from the stash I cut two 1/2" strips and used the ATG to put those on the far left of the Crumb Cake piece. Used the We R Memory Keepers Woven embossing folder to emboss this piece. Once that was done I trimmed it to the size I needed for the card front. Used the ATG and put the embossed piece onto the cream piece. Then attached them to the card base. Set this aside.

Using the Cuttlebug I cut out my turkey pieces. Wanted to use kraft card stock from Mikes as it is darker than the Crumb Cake for the turkey body but that card stock is too thin to be a die cut piece. I cut two squares of kraft card stock larger than the turkey body die piece. Put the two pieces on top of each other and adhered them together using the ATG. Once that was done I cut the turkey body die out.

For the "turkey feathers/tail" I used the plaid Authenique card stock. Since this is a thinner card stock print once again I measured the tail die piece and cut the plaid card stock larger than that die piece. I also cut a piece of the Mikes kraft card stock and used the ATG to put the plaid on top of the kraft card stock. Cut the feathers/tail die out in the Cuttlebug. The extra pieces of card stock make the die cut pieces more sturdy. Once the feathers and turkey body were cut out I used Crumb Cake ink to sponge the edges of each piece. For the beak and the wattle I used single layers of card stock.

For the white eyes piece again I doubled up on the scrap white card stock using the ATG and cut that out in the Cuttlebug. For the black for his eyes I cut a piece of scrap black card stock using scissors and put that behind the eyes die cut piece using TomBow glue. Assembled Tom Turkey and set him aside:


For the greeting "Gobble Gobble" I used a stamp by Printworks and brown ink for that on scrap cream card stock. Cut this out using an oval punch. Used a scalloped oval punch on scrap kraft card stock. Sponged the edges of both of these pieces using Crumb Cake ink. Put them together using the ATG. Added a small twine bow using TomBow glue:


Assembled Tom Turkey using glue dots and put it on the card front using pop dots for dimension. The greeting also has pop dots behind that. Cute turkey die and he will come in handy at holiday time for fronts of treat holders as well as place markers and bet he would look good on the Berry Basket instead of the bows! TFL and YOLO


No comments: