Saturday, April 1, 2023

Easter Cards 2023

 


To start I used various spring coloured card stock bases I had already cut and scored in my stash. For the fronts of the cards I used the Bow stencil from Waffle Flower. The Bunny Ears die set is also Waffle Flower. 

To make my cards I picked out all the card stock bases. Then I cut my white card stock for the stenciling. I did all the stenciling:



Here is a photo of one of the stenciled fronts I did:


This stencil has the bows and the circles on the stencil. For my above samples - the top photos show the card fronts finished. The photos below those show the stenciled fronts. For the turquoise and the yellow card fronts I did all the bows in one colour and then added the colours to the stenciled circles. For the bottom photo I did the bows and the circles all in the one colour - pink. Below that photo are two card fronts - the one on the left I used different colours and the one on the right I added purple ink to the colours I used. Totally different looks using the same stencil set. 

The Bunny Ears die for the front of the card is from Waffle Flower and I cut that out of recycle card board. PInk ear pieces, bow pieces, and headband pieces are all from scraps.... I also cut the ears die out of white foam to put behind the bunny ears piece for dimension on the card front. The greeting I cut out using glittered card stock and an Easter die from Scrapdivadesigns - it is from her Bunny Bag Topper die set. I did not add white foam to the back of the greeting piece. I used liquid glue to put the Bunny Ears and greeting piece on the card front. 

For the inside of the card:


For each card I stenciled a bow to match the colour of the card stock base. This Easter greeting is a cling stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs for long ago:

Fun Easter cards to assemble and love the Easter products from Waffle Flower! Easy to die cut and assemble and another good use of scraps.....

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love these bunny ears and I can enjoy one of these cards all season long. Thank you, my friend.