Sunday, April 30, 2023

Heath Bar Treat Holder

For BOO Day last year I made boxes for the full size chocolate Hershey candy bar.  For Fall treat holders for this year I decided to make a treat holder box to hold the 1.4 oz (full size) Heath candy bar. Using printed card stock scraps from my stash I made rosettes for the treat holders as well as the belly bands around the boxes. I also used the fall shaped wooden pieces from Hobby Lobby that I picked up last Fall on clearance. Using solid card stocks from PaperTrey Ink and SU here is a photo of my Heath Bar Treat Holders:

The first holder I made using my pattern is light blue and here is a photo to show that piece scored and bottom clipped and ready to form the box:


Here are the directions for the box I made:

Solid card stock: 

Cut card stock 5 3/4" x 4 3/4"

With 5 3/4" edge at top of the score board score this at: 3/8"
Turn with 4 3/4" edge at top of the score board
Score this at: 1/2", 7/8", 2 5/8", and 3"

Used bone folder and crease all score lines. On bottom of box with score line use scissors and trim piece as shown in above photo. 

Using a 1" circle punch I punched a third of a circle off the top edge of the front of the box to give the box front a curved top

Using tear and tape I formed the box and set that aside

For the printed belly band around the box - I used a piece of 1" x 5" piece of scrap printed card stock. I did not score this piece but I did wrap it around the finished box and creased this piece with my fingers. I added tear and tape to add this to the box. 

Used printed card stocks and a Sizzix Rosette die and made the rosettes. For the glittered tulle piece on top of the rosette I cut out a 1 3/4" circle of the tulle. Used glitter thread from my stash to add some more sparkle and shine to the rosette piece. Using hot glue I put glue on the front of the rosette in the center and put the glittered tulle piece on that. Added a little hot glue and put the metallic thread on top of the that. Added hot glue to the back of the wooden leaf pieces and put them in the center of the rosettes. Used hot glue to add rosette to center of belly band around the box. Here is a photo to show a closer view of the layered rosette piece:


On one of the treat boxes I centered the belly band/rosette piece and on the other two boxes I have the belly band/rosette pieces closer to the top of the holder. 


These would be nice as table markers or just as the treat holders I made. DH will be happy I finished the treat box pattern as he wants the candy bar now.... Here is a photo of the Hershey candy bar treat boxes I had made last year for BOO Day:


Both treat holders were fun to make and will hold a full size candy bar for treats. Also happy to be able to use more of the scrap printed card stocks!

More photos of the rest of the holders:




No comments: