Saturday, April 22, 2023

Heigh Ho I.O.!

Yesterday was the first day of the Impression Obsession (IO Stamps) Warehouse Sale. This is the first warehouse sale they have held since before the pandemic. My PIC (stamping Partner In Crime) and I decided this would be a sale we wanted to shop this year so plans were made with DH, our "Cuber" driver (crafter Uber driver), driving us there and back.... I baked brownies with nuts for this trip as well as I made the fruit salad for us so we would have something cold to eat since the temperature yesterday was in the upper 80s there --- here is a photo of the cold fruit salad:

It is made with a can of Mandarin oranges w juice, a can of Dole Pineapple chunks w juice, and a pint of cleaned strawberries sliced into bite size pieces. I keep the canned fruit in the fridge overnight before I make the salad so they are cold. Prep the strawberries and put in a large bowl, add the can of oranges w juice, and the can of pineapple chunks w juice and stir. Keep in fridge and serve cold. 

We left the house at 4AM for our drive to Richmond, Va for this sale. The IO Stamps warehouse is located in Oilville which is a suburb of Richmond. The sale began at 9AM and we arrived in Richmond around 8AM in plenty of time for the sale:

When we arrived at the warehouse there were a couple of other cars there with shoppers waiting to shop:

Before the sale I had looked at their website to see all their dies, stamps, and products I wanted to look at. I made a list of items I wanted to look at or buy as well as a list of background stamps I already have  because I knew I wanted a couple more of their background stamps as they are excellent quality. I wanted a couple of those I had seen used on YouTube by other crafters.  In the past when IO had their warehouse sale all their dies were 50% off but with all dies and stamps all over going up in price I was not sure if IO would still have the dies for the 50% off or not. Along with my list of items I wanted to check out I also had a generous gift card my PIC had gifted me for when I shopped this sale. 

Happy to report the dies were 50% off - altho some dies had increased in price since before the pandemic. They had deals on stamp sets, ink pads and refills, background stamps, and unmounted rubber stamps. Here are photos:



I picked up two background stamps, already mounted, for $5.00 each -- no packaging but I am fine with that:

These 2 background stamps were also $5 each but not mounted - but they mounted them for free for me:

I also picked up their orange ink pad with refill, both on sale for 50% off the prices:

This is the only stamp set I picked up which will get plenty of use for Christmas projects ahead:

DH was in the parking lot waiting for us when we finished our shopping. Since it was already getting warm out we sat in the car and ate the fruit salad. Then off to a store I had found online in Richmond and I wanted to shop at. It is the SCRAP Richmond Creative Reuse Center. In our area we have the Scrap Exchange in Durham, NC and they have all kinds of items that have been donated from building items, craft items, office items/supplies, tools, etc.. But this SCRAP store in Richmond is CRAFT items ONLY!!

We drove over there and we arrived shortly after they opened -- What a GREAT store!! They have fabric, quilt supplies, patterns/books, threads, needles, sewing supplies, ribbons, wood pieces, chip board, card stock, scrapbook kits, storage items, stamps/stamp sets, embossing folders, dies, a Cuttlebug machine was there, stencils, beads, jewelry making items, yarns, knitting needles, crochet hooks, books and patterns for such, buttons, trims, floral making supplies, picture frames, mats, etc.. All crafting items  -- for $2 each I picked up these bins with lids:

I also picked up a Cottage Cutz die set and a tulip stencil:

Fabric bundles for $2 each:


I also picked up a pack of collage card stock prints:

My PIC also found many items she wanted - plastic pages for her binders, another binder, a storage bin and such. Stopping at that store was a great find for us!  Wish we had such a place in the Raleigh area!! Fun thing was while I was shopping there two ladies that we also saw at the IO Warehouse Sale saw us at this store as well! Off to a great lunch at Olive Garden (we saw those ladies there too!!) and then onto our trip home -- with brownies for dessert on our ride home.... We were home by dinner time:

Once home I washed the bins and lids and those are all ready to hold craft supplies in my craft room so I am sure they will be in use in no time..... A fun day for this crafter - altho I will say there were far less shoppers at the IO Sale than in the past so hoping today is a busier day for the IO sale than yesterday.. It was nice to be able to get out again and shop for craft supplies -- esp on a week when Heartfelt Creations, a staple at all the craft shows, and a great online store, has announced it will be closing doors this year...



No comments: