Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Eyelet Cover Plate Die

 My-Creative-Time has a new cover plate die on their website called the Eyelet Cover Die.  As soon as I saw this cover plate and samples made with it I placed my order. Happy me the die arrived this week and today I made a sample with this new cover plate:

With such small details on this cover plate I knew when I cut it out I would have to use my metal shim for my die cutting machine. I used that shim and the two plates for my machine and ran this cover plate through my machine forward and then back and this cover plate cut out the design well. I used my die cutting brush to go over my die cut piece to release any little pieces that were left behind after it was cut out. Not much left to remove in my die cut piece having used the metal shim. This is a very fine and detailed die design and to show the size of the design I took a photo of this die cut piece next to an extra Lattice piece (from EllenHutson.com) that I had left over from the front of my Easter bags I made:

Here is a photo of the Eyelet cover plate and packaging:

Pretty eyelet design and the proportion is good for a background piece on a card front. Plus the cover plate dies at My-Creative-Time are very affordable compared to other online shops. 

No comments: