Sunday, January 21, 2024

Nail File/Pencil Box

Picked up Valentine's Day nail files for my treat bags and wanted to make a box/holder to put the nail files in. Remembered I had bought the Pencil Favor Box from Impression Obsession - IOStamps.com - when I went to their Warehouse Sale this past April. Their dies were 50% off at this sale. Here is a photo of the die set:


I used pink card stock from my stash for the box and the printed card stock for the front and back of my holder is from Hobby Lobby. Anna Wight, on YouTube, designed this die to hold pencils but I wanted to use it to hold my Valentine's Day themed nail files:



Since I only have one nail file in the box I wrapped tissue wrap around the bottom of the file to hold it in the center of the box. Here is the empty box with the file:

The die cuts a "v" pattern in the card stock and you can put this in the back or in the front of your box. For this project I have the "v" in the front of my holder. The pattern paper is on the front and back of this box. I used directional pattern card stock for my printed panels so I had to be sure when I was die cutting these pieces that I die cut the paper with the pattern going in the right direction both on front and back.

Anna Wight is a designer for IOStamps//Impression Obsession and all her dies have nice details -- the front and back panel pieces have stitched lines on them and she shows samples of these pencil boxes on her YouTube channel and her blog.  Easy box pattern to assemble and I decorated mine with red ribbon and a red heart gem.

No comments: