Monday, January 15, 2024

Valentine Hershey Bar Box

 This is one of the treat holders I made for Valentine's Day:

The box die set is from scrapdivadesigns.com and it is the Chocolate Gift Box die set. I used a pad of Prima card stock from my stash to make these boxes. 


For some of the boxes I die cut "Sweet Treat" using glittered pink card stock and for that vellum I used white vellum. For a couple of the boxes I used champagne coloured glittered card stock and for the vellum behind that I used a light pink vellum:


 The bows I made using the bow die sets from Pink & Main:

For the leaves/sprigs on the boxes behind the bows I used a Spellbinders die from my stash and the glittered pink card stock.  I also put a small piece of glittered tulle behind my bows. The flowers for the center of the bows are all flowers from the stash. 

This box die set has the box die, the "Sweet Treat" dies, layering die pieces, window die piece and the eyelet die for the trim on the front of the boxes. For my eyelet frame pieces I used a thinner white card stock and cut those out. Put that frame piece on the box using liquid glue. For the clear window I used clear sheets from the stash and the frame piece in the die set to cut that out. Put the clear sheet window on the box using thin tear and tape. Here is another photo of the boxes:


When I die cut the window die piece out of the solid box base and printed piece for the box front this piece of printed card stock I used to line the inside of the box so even without the chocolate candy bar inside the box this printed piece makes the inside pretty and look more finished. These boxes hold a regular size Hershey Chocolate Bar:


To close my boxes I used a small Velcro dot from the stash and I have the top flap closing on the back of the box:


This is an easy treat holder to put together. You do not have to put the window on the box on the front - just skip that step and your box will have a solid front and back piece. You can even put the top flap on the box so that it will close in the front rather than the back as I made it. With die cutting the window for this box this would be a good box to use if you were gifting another crafter embellishments -- rosettes, flowers, etc.. So it can be used for other treats than candy. 

No comments: