Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas Card - ACC011


*** This card was chosen as a Favorites of the Week this week on Splitcoast Stampers. A BIG thank you to Loll Thompson for sharing her technique and project on her video on YouTube. This is a simple technique that is filled with the WOW factor -- Thanks Loll!! ****

This card is inspired by Loll Thompson from this video I had seen on Youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYNnouzX6RU&feature=youtu.be

I had made a card right after I had seen her video and it is so easy to do her tissue technique for a card. When I had made my tissue pieces I had made a few pieces just to see which ones I liked best since they all turned out differently. This Christmas card uses one of the smaller tissue pieces I had made earlier:


For this card I wanted the tissue piece inside a frame and as Loll does I used white card stock for the frame on a white card stock base. My card stock base is #110 weight white card stock from Mikes. I used the same card stock to cut out the rectangle frame. Trimmed my tissue piece to fit behind the frame. Added the snowflake die to the front of the tissue piece and put the frame over these using the ATG. Behind the frame piece is a piece of white craft foam to give the framed piece some dimension on the card front.

Used the Stampin Up stamp set Warmth and Wonder and stamped the greeting stamp below the framed piece using Delicata metallic silver ink. This card really sparkles IRL and although the camera does not truly capture that here is a closer photo of the framed piece:


Thanks to Loll for sharing such and easy technique using tissue paper!! TFL

No comments: