Saturday, November 25, 2017

Christmas Cards - ACC03


Have watched many of the videos by Connie Stewart on Youtube and her blog is the Simply Simple Stamping blog. She is an SU demonstrator and this card is soooo simple so I had to make one up for my Christmas cards this year.... but I could not leave well enough alone so I made a second card as well:


She used the longer die from the SU Swirly Scribbles die set. She cut it out of white card stock and again in green and again in red. With your die cut white piece laying face down on your work table you add the red and green pieces from the back and use Scotch tape to hold your pieces in place.

With my scribbles piece all taped together I cut and scored at the top a piece of white #110 weight card stock from Mikes. Cut a piece of matching red card stock for the card front. Then cut a piece of white/GP for the card front a big larger than I would need. Using red ink I stamped a greeting from the Sunny Studios Poinsettia stamp set. Using the ATG I put the pieced swirly piece onto the stamped white card front. Trimmed that to the size I needed for the card. Used the ATG and put the red and stamped white pieces onto the card stock base.  Used glue dots to add three red sequins:


This is such a simple card and I thank Connie for sharing her card. . . .   but... decided  I wanted to made a card with golds and white.... so.... here is my card:


Used both a shiny gold card stock and a glittered gold card stock for my swirly pieces. For the gold foil piece for behind my stamped card front I used foiled sheets from the dollar tree so I am not wasting my foiled card stocks. Here is a closer photo to show the two gold card stocks I used for my pieced swirled piece:


For the sequins I put them on the card front using glue dots. The greeting stamp on this card was stamped using the metallic gold Delicata ink. The camera does not capture the sparkle and shine of this card but IRL it has "holiday" sparkle and shine. Thanks again to Connie Stewart. TFL -- Forgot to add these photos of the silver foil/glittered card stocks:



No comments: