Saturday, November 25, 2017

Christmas Card - ACC09


This card features the Joyful Noel dies from Concord & 9th. This die cuts well and here is my card:


Used kraft card stock from Taylored Expressions for the card base. For the card front I used Very Vanilla from Stampin Up and I used an evergreen background stamp from Impressions Obsessions for the background on the front using Crumb Cake ink. Here is a better photo to show the stamped front of the card:


I used a doily die from my stash and cut that out of kraft card stock. Used the red foil card stock from Mikes and cut out the "JOY" die and wreath piece. Put the red wreath piece onto the kraft doily using a glue pen. Put the "J" and the "Y" on the card front using red sticky tape. Put the card front onto the card stock base using the ATG.

Cut out a few pieces from the SU Pines die set to decorate my wreath. Used a die for a couple of evergreen pieces. Put the red branch and evergreen pieces at the bottom of the wreath using glue dots. Added a red foil and a kraft card stock bow to the bottom of the wreath to finish it off. Very sparkly IRL but the camera does not really capture that. This die cuts out JOY and NOEL and also has a star die in the set. Went together quickly and like the doily behind the wreath for dimension. TFL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Candee, So many Christmas cards and how to's. Thank you for sharing where you purchase your supplies. Gold foil at the dollar store--I never would have guessed it, I passed the info on to daughter and granddaughter. I like what I have seen--you have a nice variety, nicely made. Hugs and smiles, Reva

Candee said...

Thanks Reva for your nice comments!! :0) The foil sheets at the Dollar Tree come in a multi pack of 5 sheets and they are considered poster board but they are about the weight of card stock. There is gold, silver, red, green, and blue in the package and the one I bought is by "JOT". The sheets are approximately 11 x 14 so you can make a lot of projects using these sheets. It is a lot cheaper to use them on a card front then the sheets from Mikes or Hobby Lobby. Thanks for your blog visit and happy crafting holidays to you and yours!! Candee P

Bonnie said...

I love how you used the doily die for the o in joy! Very creative as always!