Thursday, November 9, 2017

Never Ending - - Birthday Card


Wanted to make a birthday card for my PIC (stamping partner in crime) but since she and I always go to the stamp shows together, road trips together, and shopping together we basically have a lot of the same stamp sets . . .   For her birthday card I decided to go through my older wood mounted stamp sets from Stampin Up to find a stamp set to use for her card and I am happy I found a set that was perfect for her birthday card. She is one of the "purple people" so I always try to make her treat holders, boxes, cards, etc using her favorite colour purple. Here is the birthday card I made for her:


Card base is Stampin Up Lovely Lilac card stock. Embossed white card front piece is white/GP and I used a woven We R Memory Keepers embossing folder that she had bought for me. Used the Stampin Up Never Ending Joy stamp set for the floral piece. Used Lovely Lilac and Old Olive ink for the floral piece. the SU Hostess stamp set Express Yourself for the Happy Birthday banner piece that I used the SU Bitty Banners die set to cut that out with.

For the floral piece I used square frame dies from the SU Layering Squares die set to cut that out with the purple scalloped piece. With those cut out I used a bow stamp from the stamp set and stamped the bow at the bottom of the flowers. Added a purple crystal to the center of that to give the card some sparkle and shine. Here is a closer photo of the flowers:


Inside the card I stamped a birthday greeting from my stash and used the stems/flower stamp to stamp a design on the lower left of the greeting piece:


For the inside of the card before I stamped the partial stems and flowers I stamped them off onto scrap paper so the image would be lighter than the stamped image on the front of the card. Easy card to put together and nice to visit an older Stampin Up stamp set from 2005. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love the quilted background and sweet purple flowers, Candee! I know your PIC loves this!