Sunday, November 12, 2017

Gourd Goodness Thanksgiving Card



Used the Stampin Up Gourd Goodness stamp set for this card. Card base is green and the white card front is white/GP. For the leaves on the card front background piece I used Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie ink and stamped the detailed leaf stamp randomly over the white/GP piece after I inked the stamp and stamped it off onto scrap card stock. With that piece stamped I set that aside.

Using a pumpkin and white striped piece of card stock from Hobby Lobby I cut that piece to the size I wanted for the card front. Using the two pumpkin stamps from the Stampin Up Gourd Goodness stamp set I stamped the solid pumpkin stamp onto scrap white card stock using Stampin Up Crushed Curry ink. I inked that and stamped it off onto scrap paper and then stamped the white card stock. Using Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie ink I inked the detailed pumpkins stamp and stamped over the Crushed Curry pumpkins image. Then I stamped the stem stamps at the top of the pumpkins.

Using the Layering Squares die set from Stampin Up I cut out the pumpkins piece and also the Pumpkin Pie card stock behind the pumpkins piece. Put the pumpkins piece onto the Pumpkin Pie die cut piece using the ATG. Set this aside.

Cut and scored the green card base. Put the stamped white card stock piece onto the base using the ATG. Added the stripes piece on that. Used pop dots to put the die cut pumpkin pieces onto the card front. The greeting "Happy Thanksgiving" is a stamp from  www.morningstarstamps.com  and I stamped that onto scrap white card stock using Pumpkin Pie ink. Punched that out using a 1 1/8" circle punch. Using a 1 1/4" circle punch I punched out a circle from Pumpkin Pie card stock and put the stamped white circle onto that. Put the circle greeting on the pumpkins piece using glue dots.

The Gourds Goodness is a new 2 Step Stamping stamp set and has a lot of detail. Easy stamps to put together in the set with realistic details both on the pumpkins as well as the gourds in the set. TFL

No comments: