Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas Card - ACC012


Had seen this video by Bibi C called Pretty Pines using the Stampin Up Pines die set:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5ox6MucXnM

So I kinda, sorta, maybe.... made a card similar to hers and added a few things.... First here is a photo of my card:


For my card I used Sahara Sand card stock for my card stock base. For the card front I used Very Vanilla from SU. I had a holly embossing folder in my stash and I embossed the Very Vanilla piece. I used a LINEN Sahara Sand ink pad, (not the new foam pad), and in a light circle motion I ran the ink pad over the top of the embossed piece to give the embossed pattern colour. With that done I used the ATG and put the embossed piece onto the card stock base.

Cut a smaller piece of Very Vanilla card stock for the card front. Used a stamp from Gina K Designs and stamped the greeting at the bottom of this piece. Put this on top of the embossed holly card front using the ATG. Used the SU Pines die set and cut out branches, berry branches, and pine cones. For the pine cones I used Early Expresso ink and then put the pieces together using TomBow glue. When dried I used a dauber and put Delicata gold ink over those. Cut evergreen leaves using a die from the stash and I also used a bow die from my stash for the bow. Here is a closer photo of this cluster:


The gold ink on the pine cones adds a little shimmer for the holiday. Thanks to Bibi for sharing her card, tips and tricks, and video. TFL

No comments: