Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Christmas Card - ACC015


Mr. Brown -- love that guy!! But this time of year he stops at the house later and later... :0(  But late yesterday Mr. Brown stopped at my driveway and dropped off my two new Stampin Up stamp sets that I did not know I NEEDED.... Don't think he was back in his truck before I was in the craft room planning this card......

To begin with I used Stampin Up Real Red card stock for this card and it is a rich red colour but the camera shows it as almost a cherry red:


Hard to photograph foil cards tho..... Card stock base is Real Red card stock cut and scored. Cut a piece of white/GP for the card front and put that onto the card base using the ATG. Wanted the front of the card to have an embossed pattern so I used the Candy Canes embossing folder from Craft Concepts. Usually when I emboss card stock I emboss two pieces at a time - this prevents the card stock from ripping/tearing and it gives it a softer embossed pattern. (The second emboss piece I put with the embossing folder so in the future if I need to make a quick card I already have an embossed piece ready). But for this card front I used silver foil card stock from Mikes and it is thicker so I only embossed one piece for my card front. I had cut the silver foil card stock larger than what I would need for my card front so once it was embossed I trimmed it to the size I needed for the card front. Put it on the white/GP card front using the ATG. The design on this embossing folder has a directional pattern so I was mindful of that when I put it onto the card front.

The greeting is a stamp from the Stampin Up Every Good Wish stamp set. The stamps are designed to stamp and have a watercolour look to them so even tho my greeting looks "splotchy" the stamps are designed to stamp like that. Cut a piece of white/GP larger than what I needed and I stamped it in the MISTI using the Real Red ink. Used a rectangle frame die from the stash and cut out a Real Red frame to go over my greeting piece. Laid the frame over that and used a pencil to trace around the red frame onto the white/GP piece so I would know how much to trim off. With that trimmed I used the ATG to put the frame over the greeting. Used double sided Scotch tape and put a piece of white craft foam behind the greeting and put this onto the card stock base.

Wanted to add just a little pop of colour so I used the Impression Obsession Holly Leaf Cluster die set and cut out two green foil card stock leaves and a red berries piece from red foil card stock. Put the berry piece on the leaves using micro mini glue dots and used glue dots to put this on the frame around the greeting:


Always hard to photograph foil cards but IRL this is a rich red and it looks nice with the silver embossed background. Easy card to put together!  And as for Mr. Brown ?? LOVE that guy!  TFL

No comments: