Saturday, November 25, 2017

Christmas Cards - ACC01


For Halloween this year I decided to make all different cards rather than one card to duplicate. This way I was able to use a lot of the Halloween products I keep stashed in the craft room plus it was fun to use different techniques for the cards. Although I enjoyed using lots of products the craft room became the chaos center for cards in no time.... here is a photo of some of the Halloween cards I had made:


Barely had time to dig out the craft room and Thanksgiving cards were needed -- so I made one card and sent out duplicates:


With the Thanksgiving cards made and mailed out first thing I did was get everything put away that did not have anything to do with Christmas.... then decided I would make all different Christmas cards but I had to have a "controlled chaos" this time.

Went through my stamp sets and decided which ones I would start with. Then went through my dies and decided on which of those I wanted to use. With these products chosen I wrote a list of what cards I wanted to make with the products and so it began. In one day I made 9 cards and that has to be a record for me... haha.... Definitely helped having a list and a plan before I began. I will post some of the cards I have made so far but am still making cards so will post those when they are complete.

First card -- This snowman is the Sam E. Snowman die by Jillian Vance:


Card stock base is SU Cherry Cobbler and the front of the card is SU Sahara Sand card stock. I put two different washi tape patterns across the lower part of the card front. I picked them up at Mikes earlier this week. I used a dotted stamp and SU white craft ink for the falling snow on the card front behind Sam E.:


Sam E. Snowman die also has the snowflake die so I cut out three snowflakes from white glittered card stock and put them on the card front using micro mini glue dots. "Merry Christmas" is stamped using Cherry Cobbler ink and that is a stamp from the SU stamp set Good Greetings. The only thing I changed on Sam E. is he does not have arms so I used a tree die and cut a tree out of kraft card stock and I used scissors to trim off branches for his arms. He is on the card front using pot dots. Fun little guy to make. TFL

No comments: